Thursday, March 21, 2013

Brad About Books: Arclight by Josin L. McQuein

Read from February 3 to 7, 2013
ARCLIGHT
Expected Publication Date: April 23, 2013
Publisher: Greenwillow (Harper)
Format: ARC
Page Count: 400 pages
Source: Publisher

No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. A harrowing, powerful debut thriller about finding yourself and protecting your future—no matter how short and uncertain it may be. 

The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can’t get in. Outside the Arclight’s border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man’s-land. That’s where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced or the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She’s the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who’s determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.

When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn’t even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again?


Richly fascinating and deeply captivating, Arclight is a book that took over my mind. One of the highlights of the year.

You have no idea how excited I was to read Arclight. I dived immediately and found myself emerged into this world right away. The entire world in Arclight is one of my absolute favorites of all-time. The land of Light and the land of Dark fascinated me, and I loved that the author showed the reader both sides of the world. If you're looking for great world-building, Arclight is definitely the book for you.

And Marina is such a strong and fierce character. I felt for her through the entire novel, and she never once slipped up from her heroic elements. And the Fade! Wow! They are super eerie and creepy; and I'm being honest when I say that I actually had a nightmare about the Fade. Yeah. This book messed with my mind that much. And I loved every single bit of Arclight

And the ending. Oh my gosh, I so did not see that coming. I can't even fathom how much of an insane ending that was and how much I adored it. Josin L. McQuein's debut is one not to miss.

Overall, Arclight is a brilliant novel that enticed me and never let me go. An absolute must-read.

MY RATING




1 comment:

  1. I just finished it and WOW, also loved it! So glad to see that we loved the same things :) The world building was amazing, and the characters were complex and damaged and real, which is nice to see.

    Thanks for the AWESOME review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I read every comment and truly appreciate them. I would love to hear your thoughts! If you leave a comment, I'll be sure to leave a comment back on your blog ASAP! -Brad